Tuesday 14 February 2017

Will you marry me?

  • Hey Honey, got a box of chocolates as my 10th gift..😍😍😍
  • Baby do you believe this.. They gave a collage made out of our pictures as the 19th gift..💓💓💓💓
  • Hey 22nd gift is a set of bangles.. Just loved it..💕💕💕
  • Very happy but missing your presence..


These were the texts from my girl after every minute. It was Hansika's 23rd birthday and I was damn sure her friends would make it a memorable one. They were a bunch of 8 people and they named it as "Fab 8". All those babes were really fabulous. Few stayed in hostel, few at a PG, few at their house and my girl rented a flat along with her best buddy Shwetha. Fab 8 had created a kingdom for themselves ruled by craziness and unconditional friendship.

I had informed my girl that I couldn't join the celebration as I had some important work at my office. Initially she had protested but later understood my situation as she always does.

Again a WhatsApp text popped up:
"Honey, they are delaying the final one; the 23rd gift. May be they are getting me my favourite grilled chicken from Hotel Sangham or who knows, they may even get me those unbreakable parotas from the back shop"

The shop which was behind her college was named as back shop on an auspicious day by these bunch of girls.

Again a text from her:
"Just can't wait for the final gift. I'll immediately WhatsApp you the picture of it after they present it. Don't you dare to go offline.😈 Love you my lucky charm.😘😘😘"

I replied back:
Don't you want to look at your lucky charm? Can you turn back?

Girls shouted "There you go. Your 23rd and most expensive gift"



When she turned back, her face was filled with unending blushes and teeth wide open with a slight dimple peeping out and there was I, front of her. A perfect birthday surprise to the love of my life.

On the request of Saditha- her friend- I had finally decided to be present on the celebration spot which I initially had denied.

I inched closer towards her. Looking at Hansika's eyes it was obvious that my presence was like a crown on her. I wished my honey followed with a tight hug. She shy fully wrapped her arms around me and it lasted for a couple of seconds. Then she gave me a piece of cake which they had cut before my arrival.

Exchanged a few Hi Hello with her friends and sat down on a branch bent towards the ground. The spot was a beach closer to their college. It was 5:30 in the evening and it was Monday; as a weekday, very few love birds were found under the trees. So the word called privacy was abundantly available.

And only Saditha knew my next move so she took out her cell phone and started to record a video. I held Hansika's hand and started to utter all those sentences which I had noted down on Evernote and had memorised it before arriving on the spot. I had pressurised on myself to give a better performance as her friends were around me. So I began my words with a coating of romanticness and genuine feelings.


"At first i had seen your eyes which made me instantly get addicted to your beauty. The day i heard your voice my heart started singing a song with no lyrics but only with love towards you. The day you decided to live your rest of my life in my arms, the default heart beat was replaced with your name. The day you broke up with me I knew that you will be back with loads of love. Days passed, we hardly got time to spend together. We both craved to rest each other's head on one another's shoulder but it rarely happened. But one thing which happened quite often, infact with every passing second was that our love kept on increasing. I thank you for being the fuel in me that made me travel so long when I was motionless while I was hit by those dark days. Thank you for being the oxygen in me when I lost all the reasons to breathe. Thank you for holding my hand when my arms were strength less. You kept on adding new and unique flavours of love which I enjoyed to the core. Here I promise you baby that every day will be a festival when you are with me. I will search reasons to give you surprises. Hold my hands, trust me and I will create a whole new kingdom to you where all your desires will be fulfilled even before you say it out through your lips"



Without delaying I took out a tiny box from my pocket, opened it and removed the golden ring out of it, bent on my knees and asked a question to which I already knew the answer.
"Will you marry me?"
Before she could answer, the ring was placed around her finger
And finally she uttered...
"Yes my love"



The sea which was waiting silently till then started to express it's happiness with it's dancing waves hitting the bay. The breeze began blowing heavily which made my girl's hair fly wildly. I gently cleared her forehead with my hand and gave a kiss. The sun got shy and started to submurge in the sea. The birds around started to fly towards its nest may be to say whatever had happened between me and Hansika to their family. The clouds made way to the stars to appear brighter. As it was getting darker we left the place and accompanied her till her apartment gate.

Her eyes said not to leave her that evening but her words said me to reach home fast. She said that I had made her day special but it was she who made my life a wonderful episode. I gave a smile and said "Love you. Take care" and i left the spot. We both kept looking at each other till we both became invisible to one another.

2 comments: