Friday 2 December 2016

A New Beginning

"If you do what you always did, you will get what you always got".

A simple sentence yet powerful. The whole Mantra of transformation is hidden in this. Transformation may be positive or negative.
To turn it in a positive way, we need to dream. I dreamt, not only under my bed sheet but also in the day when the scorching heat of the sun was over my head. Finally my dream turned into a reality and the reality was not lesser than the dream. Few go in search of a profession where they get thick package, others demand job security and few more follow thier passion. And rest handful of them like me join the army. Yes, I am an Indian Army officer. The ironed uniforms tucked with several badge and medals, the beret, the shoes whose tip appear not less shinier than a mirror made my desires stronger and was crazily waiting to get into the armed forces.



I had joined the Indian army in between my studies. So I had to give my remaining exams which were due. That's why I had taken up few days of leave. Today I had to prove the proverb "Pen is mightier than the sword" by vomiting all that I had studied the previous night. I doubt whether I can hold the pen properly in my rough hand which is adopted to hold heavy rifles. The skin of my palm is literally peeled off like onion covers.



As I entered the college campus, the good old days got refreshed. Few faces were familiar in the campus, rest all were new to me. I can see few guys pointing fingers at me and saying something to thier friends. Feels good when unknown faces recognise me. I don't have heavy bank balance, but incidents like these make me rich.

It was Sept 11th and my exam was scheduled at 9 AM. Still an hour left, so I decided to go to the library. In the college life, guys often forget the route to the library, so did I. I rarely remember attending library in my free hours although I spent it fruitfully by loitering with my friends in doing unproductive works. So today am heading for an adventurous trek towards the library.

The corridor towards the library is a meter broad in length. So who ever pass through it in the opposite direction tend to make an eye contact. As I headed towards library,  looked at a few pretty faces but all were unknown. Those girls were amused by my hairstyle as it was evident by their expressions.



All of a sudden a face drew my attention. An Angel who was in her late teens, around 5.3 inches tall. Army life thought me to guess one's hieght accurately. Carrying a bag on her right shoulder, slight dimple decorated her left cheek accompanied with a bunch of pimples. Her face was an alternate to the moon- so calm, so delightful. When she blinked, her eye lashes kissed each other in a charming way. Those glowing chubby cheeks, those thick long hair just took me to another world. When the sun rays penetrated through the window glass and hit her chubby cheeks , it was just provoking. It provoked me to move couple of steps towards her rather than the library. My eyes could see only this pretty girl who is holding a thick book in her hand which seemed difficult to herself to hold it. But girls are girls, to top the exams they are even ready to eat the pages of text books as breakfast.



There was a pause from her for a nano second and mine was bit longer when we made an eye contact. Looking at her, my eyes started twinkling brighter than the mid night star. I literally held my breathe for a while. I initiated a slight smile, it was a hesitant smile as I didn't know if she would smile back. This pretty girl smiled back, filled with shyness. Ohh boy!!! She just mesmerized me with her smile. I didn't even blink a while so that I would enjoy every bit of her beauty. I hope my mouth was not wide open while I was floating front of her and enjoying the visual treat. Hope it wasn't a nuisance to her. The bullet fired by her had hit my heart very effectively.


When I was deeply involved in decoding the meaning of her smile, she had vanished from my eye sight. Immediately I turned back and my radar relocated her, where I saw herself dipped inside the book and taking tiny steps towards the next floor. I kept looking at her until she disappeared again. I was a fool who forgot to follow her. Her smile had just stunned me. This "once in a lifetime movie like scene" happened within a few seconds but for me this happened in an ultra slow motion, where the breeze hit my face but my hair never moved as they were micro mini in size. My own band of imaginary musicians played a melodious track which only I could hear. I re telecasted this moment again and again in my imaginary sophisticated theatre. And started decoding and digging all that happened a while ago. Unending blushes  sparkled on my face .




Will I meet her again?
Is she the one due to whom my phone bill would take a hike?
I have come across a deadly term called as love, is it love? Let me sow a seed of love and wait till it gets germinated.
Is she the one, whose name will be tagged along my name in the wedding card which officially grants me the permission to hold her hand and walk a long journey in the road which is meant only for us till my hair turns grey? I started to miss her even before I could know her, talk to her and feel the warmth of her hug.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome unique story... just loved it��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best one touched my heart .. felt like something happened to me in ma life

    ReplyDelete